TurboTax error code 42105 happens when there are misconfigured system files on the computer. You will know that you have encountered this error as you will get a notification message with the words ‘error 42015: could not connect to the update site’. And the actual description or information about this error code is very sparse and not a lot can be found online as well. But to handle this problem there are certain steps and measures you can take. You will be able to tell when this error happens as your active programs will suddenly crash, windows will perform very slowly, and there will be periodical freezing of your computer. So if you want to know how to resolve this error code on your computer, you can continue reading this blog, or you can talk to the representatives at TurboTax customer support.
Phone Number: +1-866-200-0151
There are two methods you can try in order to resolve this error. One is you need to disable the use of a proxy server and the other method is to manually download the update. But before you begin with the troubleshooting process, it is crucial that you create a backup of your data because there are chances of it getting erased or lost in the process. After you have successfully backed up your TurboTax data, you can proceed.
Method 1: you must disable the use of a proxy server.
- Open or launch the internet explorer on your computer.
- Now look for a ‘gear’ icon. Once you have located it, expand it and click on the ‘internet options’ button.
- Under this, click on the ‘navigations’ tab and open the ‘LAN settings’.
- Search for the option that reads ‘use a proxy server for your LAN’ and uncheck that box located beside it.
- Now save these changes and try updating the computer.
- You can also disable the use of the proxy server by going to the control panel in case you don’t have an Internet Explorer installed on your PC.
Method 2: try to download the update manually.
- Before you begin, close TurboTax and all running apps and programs on your computer.
- Now go to the TurboTax Intuit page and look for the download link.
- Once you locate the link, download it to a folder on your PC and save it.
- Now open the folder and the file and run it to initiate the update procedure. And to finish it, you just have to go along with the steps that are provided on the screen.
Try these two methods before you look for any additional help. And if these fail to resolve the issue, you can contact TurboTax customer care to avail the resource from qualified and experienced employees.