Ubuntu is a complete Linux operating system that supports for personal as well as professional use. It comes with everything you need, from the essential applications like an office suite, browsers, email to media apps. However, to keep the software in the smooth process, you sometimes need an Antivirus and Avast is the choice of most users. Installing this software is not difficult, you can try the troubleshooting steps or get in touch with Avast customer service for instant help.
Solution: Installation and Update of Avast antivirus in Ubuntu
- Download – when you are using Ubuntu, you should download the deb version of Avast Antivirus
- Install – After downloading the package, you will have a file on your desktop, double-click to open it in the Ubuntu Software Centre. Click the install button in the top right-hand corner. Wait for a while to let it install.
- Register – to use the antivirus, you will need to complete a registration form to receive your free via email. You will have to fill in your name, email, and the country as the compulsory options. Age, computer literacy and previous antivirus and your reason for choosing avast are optional questions. After entering the details, a license key will be emailed to you within half an hour. At the time of launching the antivirus, you will need to enter the key.
- Fix – Normally, you need to update the antivirus that comes in big blocks, too big for Ubuntu’s default ‘Shmmax’. It is the minimum amount of shared memory any given process can have but Avast being the heavy file needs more space and shows the error which can be fixed manually.
- Update – it is quite easy to update the software, you can find a big ‘Update-Database’ button located at the top left-hand corner. Click on it to update.
By following the basic steps, you can easily do the installation and update, in case, you face any obstruction while doing so, don’t hesitate to reach out to Avast technical support for further guidelines. The trained technicians will sort out your problem in no time.
Related Post – How to Disable Avast Antivirus in Windows 10?