If you want to import email from Outlook Express into Microsoft Outlook, this is very simple to do it. There are some steps are given which will help you to import the account/message from Outlook Express to MS Outlook. First of all, make sure you have installed Outlook Express & MS Outlook on the same computer or a different computer. You can also take a backup for Outlook emails because keep a backup of email or other documents are always good because it secures data.
When Outlook and Outlook Express are installed on the same computer
1. Click & start the Import and Export Wizard by any option:
- In Outlook 2010, click Open > Import, on the File tab.
- In Outlook 2007, on the File menu, Tap to Import and Export.
2. Tap to Import Internet Mail and Addresses, and then click to Next.
3. Tap Outlook Express.
4. Choose the Import mail check the box.
5. Again click on Next button.
6. Tap Finish.
7. Here you need to copy the import summary by click “save in inbox.”
When Outlook and Outlook Express are installed on different computers
When the Outlook & Outlook Express are installed on different computers, you need to locate & copy the correct files from one computer to another where Outlook is installed.
Copy the Outlook Express folder
1. Open the computer where you have setup the Outlook Express. Go to tool menu and tap top Options.
2. Tap on the Maintenance tab.
3. Go to the store folder and locate the dialog box.
4. Now open the computer and click on Outlook Express. Go to Tools menu and tap into Options.
5. Tap the Maintenance tab.
6. Tap to Store Folder & then click on Change.
7. Search the location of Outlook Express folder which you copied here and click on that folder.
8. Now close the dialog box of Browse for Folder & tap to OK.
9. Click “Ok” to close the Store Location dialog box.
10. You will receive a prompt “Use the new message or replace them” You need to click “Yes” and switch the store.
11. Close the Outlook Express and start it again to complete the process of import account.
If you want the help of Outlook technical support you can try Outlook customer service phone number. Through this number, users can ask experts for help them to import their account from Outlook Express to MS Outlook.