The product of Amazon echo has various skills which have made it most popular gadget of this era. Where the people love to use this device just because of its amazing features but yet it has some glitches which need to be resolved. That’s why Echo Alexa customer service teams are always available to assist their users. Let’s see which are the most common problem appear with Echo Alexa and how users can fix it. The most common problem is Wi-Fi connectivity problem. If this trouble is happening to you then you must know why it happens. The device Echo Alexa connect with dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz/5 GHz). Which network use 802.11a/b/g/n standard. So make sure your home network meets this criterion. Perform these all steps to resolve the Echo Alexa Wi-Fi problem.
Troubleshooting Steps for Echo Alexa Wi-Fi Connectivity Problem:
- First of all, turn off the device & wait for 10-12 seconds. Now repeat the setup procedure.
- If you have remembered the network password then make sure you can access it.
- Check if your Wi-Fi is working, confirm that your phone or other gadgets are connected with Wi-Fi and working well.
- If the Wi-Fi is not working then reboot the router and turn it off. If you find that your router modem or firmware is needed an update, then update it. Now check if you are able to connect with Wi-Fi connectivity.
- After the update the firmware, go through next step.
- Update the Wi-Fi password of your device & then try to make some changes.
- If your router by default uses WPA + WPA2 both, then switch to WPA or WPA2 network only to fix the Wi-Fi connectivity error.
Now you can check if you are able to connect your Wi-Fi network with Echo Alexa. However, for non-technical savvy people, it is difficult to resolve the problems. Therefore, users can get help via customer care for Echo Alexa troubleshooting. With the help of customer support team, you will be able to rectify the issues as soon as possible.