Routers are the essential part of a networking setup as it is not possible for anyone to setup network or internet connection without any router. There are several brands in Router, but Linksys is known for its quality product and quick services if ever you confront any kind of technical issues in it. It has several unique functions which might be useful for the users and it maintained its standards from past many years. In case, you face some technical issues such as ‘how to connect and configure Linksys Router for PPPoE DSL Service’ and here you get the solution easily as you have to follow the instructions provided over here and if you failed to do so then there is another option to resolve the issue through Linksys Router Technical Support Number where certified technicians will assist you in a proper manner.
In order to resolve the issues, you have to go Through Points to Setup DSL Connection with Linksys Router such as-
Verify Internet Connection
Before starting the process you have to make it sure that your internet connection is active and working properly if it does not then contact your ISP.
Connect All Devices
After ensuring about active Internet connection, you are required to connect the modem to the router’s internet port and then connect it to the computer to any of the Ethernet ports.
After confirming that connection with modem and PC with Linksys Router, you have to check the LED lights that are located on the front panel of the router whether they are blinking properly or not.
Setting up DSL ISP on Linksys Router :
- Now in the first step, you have to access Linksys router’s web-based setup page and to do that you need to type “192.168.1.1” in the address bar of the browser and then enter login through provided credentials.
- After opening Linksys web-based setup page, look for the local IP address and then modify its value to “192.168.2.1” then, click on save button to save the settings.
- In this step, you are required to renew your computer’s IP address and to do so you have to open the command prompt and then type “ipconfig/release”, and just hit Enter. Now you have to again enter “ipconfig/renew” and then hit Enter.
- After the previous step, you have to access Linksys router web-based setup page by using “192.168.2.1” as the IP address.
- In the next step, you have to move to Setup page and after that, you have to tap on Status option. You have to check the Internet IP address, if it contains values in number then its OK otherwise you can’t access the internet.
- Now you have to move to Setup tab and after that, you have to set the “Internet Connection Type” to “PPPoE”.
As it can be seen that you can resolve the technical issue by just following the provided steps over here. You have to ensure one thing is that you followed each and every step properly otherwise you can’t resolve the issue. In case some error while following the steps then there is another option for you in the form of Linksys Router Tech Support Number where qualified technicians will help you in resolving the issue in a rapid manner